> Has anyone here given thought on this thread that controls stick position
> at the transmiter doesn't really tell you anything at all about actual
> control throws at the surface of the model?  Linkage, horn length, slop,
> flex, servo type and other variations wilklhave an effect on actual throw.
> If you want to do this, rig something to actually measure throw in angular
> units verses transmitter movement in angular units.  ATV in numeric units

??? thats exactly what i proposed to do at #2: to pick up the actual input
signal vs control surface deflection graph using computer.

all the graphs that are drawn later, when you are creating a setup for TX
(at #4) show actual control surface deflections.

> or percentages don't tell a lot, and variations in models and
> installations will present different throws for the same transmitter
> inputs.
>
> I think the idea is neat, but I don't think it will really make it as it's
> gonna be too costly and complicated to be available to the limited user
> base, and results won't be guaranteed.

one thing i forgot to mention: the market for this kind of system is
really small. if this is done commercially it will die sooner or later. i
believe that open source project of some kind would be much more
successful and useful for everyone.

arne