Palm is popular in USA but not that popular outside. Most TX makers, if they
do something, will only want to do it once so Palm is not likely to be the
way they go. For the US market, Palm would be good.
I understand. I was just thinking of a way to avoid the OS issues, and avoid Wintel altogether.

Perhaps the route to take is to build an interface box that houses a hardware http server. Write the code in Java for the desktop computer (software updates are easier than the hardware of course). Put a serial connection on the box (or USB, Firewire, RJ45, heck, try bluetooth, whatever) to allow different hardware platforms to attach to the device. Kind of like programming network hardware (like the Cobalt rack mount servers). The serial would probably be the least expensive, and easiest to write for.

- David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

USA