After hearing about all the ARF BOT planes breaking on the winch, I have also
heard about the AVA RES planes at the nats breaking on the launch.  Today at
a contest, I watched first hand, a brand new AVA, first launch ever, blow the
tips off on a mild launch, and mild zoom, by an experienced flyer.  The wing
tips failed at the factory built outer joint, where there is a tiny short
joiner, (not robust like the BOT :-) splitting the wood and carbon out. I am so
glad I saved my $700.00 I was going to spend on one,  until they are fixed
correctly.  At least with the BOT ARF, the cost is $135.00 with discount
certificate. The AVA evidently has a problem too. The structure where the tips are
factory attached is way too weak. IMHO (and others) .  Bill G.