There have been some posts about Ava wings failing at the poly joiners
on a hard launch. This must be some sort of intermittent manufacturing
problem, because the design should take a hard launch. I can only say
that my Ava has survived a full season of pretty hard launches with no
problem. I have made about 30 contest launches this year plus many
sport launches. The plane launches as high as any unlimited ship. Once
off the line it flies great. Last month my Ava clinched the club's RES
season championship, and it is also currently in 1st place for the
season in unlimited. I'm sorry that other guys have had problems, but I
like mine a lot.