From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 5:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] ARF problems

After hearing about all the ARF BOT planes breaking on the winch, I have
also
heard about the AVA RES planes at the nats breaking on the launch.
Today at
a contest, I watched first hand, a brand new AVA, first launch ever,
blow the
tips off on a mild launch, and mild zoom, by an experienced flyer.  The
wing
tips failed at the factory built outer joint, where there is a tiny
short
joiner, (not robust like the BOT :-) splitting the wood and carbon out.
I am so
glad I saved my $700.00 I was going to spend on one,  until they are
fixed
correctly.  At least with the BOT ARF, the cost is $135.00 with discount

certificate. The AVA evidently has a problem too. The structure where
the tips are
factory attached is way too weak. IMHO (and others) .  Bill G.
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note
that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format
with MIME turned off.