I am the one who has had some problems with the Ava tip joiner, but the problem started when I caught a tip on the ground when landing, and broke the joiner - not an in-flight failure.  I have finally successfully repaired the joint, using carbon reinforcements and very strong epoxy, but Barry Kennedy - the importer of the Ava - has informed me that the joint will be redesigned in future kits with  a carbon joiner.

I wish to reemphasize the point that the failure of the joiner was caused by contact with the ground - not by launch.  I launched the Ava hard before the repairs, and I continue to launch it hard afterward, even with as much  as 16 ounces of ballast.

Browne Goodwin