Bill,

I reported awhile back on some flights with an altimeter.  My limit on that
day was about 650 meters (2,132 feet).  Sky was clear.  Much more difficult
to see when there is a little haze on the horizon and you are down low and
far away.

As far as the speed run goes, most TD ships max out at about 100 mph.  The
slope ships are faster, naturally.  I know on several of my TD ships you can
reach a limit where it just won't go any faster due to the drag.  Still an
impressive howl that gets everyone's attention.  The ICON is a different
story.  I can do speed runs with that plane that are stealth quiet.  Clean
frame, clean foil.  Probably well over 100 mph.

JE
--
Erickson Architects
John R. Erickson, AIA