I think the problem with the JR 8103 is after you have chosen
the "dual flap" wing type for gliders, the retract channel (#5) will
be seen by the transmitter as the control for one of the ailerons (
can't remember left or right ), rendering the retract switch
unusable. I have the same requirement for my electric gliders but I
couldn't achieve it with my JR 9X. Finally, I have to settle with
controlling the motor with one of the sliders at the side of the
transmitter.

Y C Lui

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there some special problem with the JR that's different from
other radios?  I use a Futaba 7 with the motor on the retract channel
(5), and it's fairly straightforward.  It did need a bit of tuning,
because I found that on the Futaba, the travel on channel 5 is much
greater than the other channels, based on checking servo rotation.
100% ATV seemed to confuse the ESC (Phoenix 80) and sometimes it
would not start.  Dialing back to 90% cured the problem, and the full
throttle light is on.

> Also, if you have a powerful system, consider programming in soft
start and soft brake, if your ESC has these capabilities.  Less
stress on the gearbox.

> > From: "Dave & Sue Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: 2004/03/15 Mon AM 02:25:31 EST
> > To: "RCSE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: [RCSE] Programming Help
> >
> > Pat,
> >
> > When you find out, let us all know. I have the same issue on one
of my
> > electric sailplanes using the 8103
> >
> > Dave Moore

I would
> > like
> > > to have the motor control set up on the trainer/retract switch
for either
> > on
> > > full throttle or all off. My question is, what is the best
whole to plug
> > in
> > > the speed control into in the receiver and how to go about
programming the
> > > switch to turn it on and off? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

> > > See Ya,
> > >
> > > Pat McCleave
> > > Wichita, KS
> > >
> > > RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.
Send "subscribe"