Pat,

You can use channel 8. It is switched from 100% one direction to 100% the other direction when the Gear/Butterfly switch is flipped. If you are not using both positions of the switch for different wing cambering/Landing flaps you don't need to do anything special.

If you want a typical full house competition setup for cambering and flaps, (which selected/activated by the Gear switch, you will have to use the mix switch for motor on/off. You can do this using mixing. Set up one mix to null the output of channel 8 caused by the Gear switch. Use another mix to slave channel 8 to the mix switch by turning on a 1-8 (or other master - your choice) mix.

Hope this helps.
Rick