Hi Pat , all ...

     If your not using your rx spoiler channel(1) for anything use it for
throttle . You can then get away with a 7 ch rx .
     Should be able to do it if you have one free programmable mix .

1st ) set TRVL ADJ. for SPOI (ch 1) to ZERO in both directions . This makes
the flap stick "let go" of the spoiler channel output .

2nd ) make butterfly switch(gear) control spoiler channel out . AUX3 as an
input(master) follows the butterfly switch so
 any PROG.MIX setup as follows should do it :

     AUX3=>SPOI
      Rate 100:100
     SW : ON
     Offset 0

On a 8103 you can check your work on the SERVO screen to make sure things go
 in the right direction .

 Don't know how to use the trainer switch in sailplane mode unless your
willing to solder . :)

 Hope that helps ...