John Erickson wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a strange problem with a spoiler servo.  I have two
transmitters, a Futaba 8 and a 9.  With the 8 all is normal.  When I switch
over to the 9 the servo starts jittering and locking.  The programming for
the model is the same on both transmitters.  The receiver is an Electron 6.

Jittering while the transmitter is near the Electron 6 by any chance? If so, I've seen this with them too... and I'd consider it normal albeit undesirable behaviour with any receiver/transmitter. It seems to be random, but probably just depends on several factors. My JR mode one doesn't, but my friends Futaba mode one does... this is on identical planes (same servos even).

Jittering while the transmitter off is also not uncommon (my Electron 6
really dances... which is nasty 'cause it's on an electric... ouch!).

Just my $0.02 Canadian.

--
Andrew E. Mileski