Have a CD license, run large contests, etc... I know
what they are like. I also know that we have folks
that are stone cold bored with the same old thing.
Like someone else posted, this has been this way since
1971 or longer. I left this hobby from shear boredom
in 1980 and just came back 4 years ago to guess
what... the same old thing... It still boils down to
this: If you want to run a contest, you set the task.
If it's the same old thing and you have no turn out or
a great turn out, it's still the same old thing. If
the task is published ahead of time, and it's the same
old thing, I may come but I may find something else to
do. If it's something different that peaks my
interest, I'll probably break my neck to get there,
just to see if it works.

Jack Womack