Just like in "Heaven Can Wait" Always wait for the outcome.

I am not a big contest person but I like contests for the motivation
they give me to improve my equipment and skills.

Several years ago I entered a ham radio contest called Sweepstakes.
In the contest each operator trys to contact all of the sections defined
by the ARRL (Amateur Radio Relay League). There are two sweepstakes
each year, one done with voice and the other with morse code. I did the
morse code version. I had all sorts of trouble with my radio, my
computer, my software, my fumbling fingers and feeble brain. In the end
I had completed just ONE (1) proper contact.
For a moment I thought I would not even send in my entry.
Then I remembered that I had been operating in the low power category
and wanted to increase the participation numbers for low power operators.
I sent in my entry and forgot all about it.
Several months later a friend commented on my win.
It turned out that I was the only low power operator to send an entry
from my section so my one contact was enough to win the section.

The moral is, Keep trying! and Wait for the outcome, you might have
done better than you thought.  :)

michael AMA 77292

Jon Stone wrote:
I thought we were supposed to go home after we miss a single landing.

Not!