Ultimate Hobbies in Tustin off the 55 freeway.
JAXs hobbies on Brookhurst off the 405 freeway.
Gyro Hobbies off the I5 freeway in Lake Forest.
Pegasus hobbies (worth the trip) off the 10 freeway.
Hobby People's main store in Costa Mesa (or Fountain Valley, I fergit).
E-Hobbies store in La Mirada.

All but E-Hobbies and Pegasus Hobbies are within driving distance at night in
Orange County (Pegasus is way up the 57 freeway to the I10, and east on the
I10 in San Bernadino County, and E-Hobbies is in L.A. County) . Pegasus has
tons-o-stuff. Makes Gyro look like a Piker (Superior).

Where in Santa Ana _exactly_ are you staying? See between 4pm and 7pm the
freeways can be a real challenge for anyone not used to 6 lanes (in one
direction!) of bumper to bumper California drivers. Best to stay on surface
streets if possible. Ultimate Hobbies, JAXs, and Hobby People fit that
description if one is in Santa Ana (like around John Wayne Airport and South
Coast Metro). Gryo, E-Hobbies, and Pegasus do not.

Best wishes,
Jeff in La Habra Heights, CA

=====