On 11/8/04 13:35 Lydon, Matthew (NBC Universal) wrote:

> I won't use NImH in an airborn pack at all.

And I wouldn't use anything else, and haven't for several years. That
includes everything from hand launch to 40% aerobatic planes with 150cc
engines on them.

I have found that fast charging is not an issue. NiMH's handle a 1C charge
very nicely, provided you are using a good charger like the Sirius.

I charge on the way to the field and if I think that I am going to fly the
packs flat, well then I just put them on charge between flights.

My TD planes with 6 digitals (JR DS368) consume an average of 5 mAh of
capacity for every minute of flight. That is an average load of 300 mA. A
2,100 mAh Nimh will last me for 5 hours with a healthy (25%) reserve. If I'm
spending more than 5 hours per day in the air I'm flying a bunch. If I even
get close to that, I pop the packs on charge between flights and I am good
to go whenever.

My 40% aerobatic plane with 10 JR8611 digitals has an average load of 2
amps. Two 2700 NiMH (5.4 amp-hour total) give me just over 2 hours of on
time. That's about 8 flights. Way more than I do in an average session. If I
want to fly more than that I simply pop the packs on my Sirius Quad charger
to top off between flights. Easy stuff.