FWIW on two of my full house moldies I have determined that the average
current drain is around 360 mA. A spike of 1300 tells me something is amiss.
The 368 should have an idle current of around 15 to 20 mA (so call it no
more than 120 mA for all 6).

For instance, in a 14 (big) digital servo aerobatic plane (3.1 meter Extra)
a company measured an average load of 3 amps with one instantaneous peak (5
millisecond duration) of 20 amps during a series of consecutive snap rolls.
The current draw peaked during the servo movement and then stabilized at a
lower draw after reaching their commanded positions.  That is 14 high torque
digital servos working hard. On one of my 11 servo 33% aerobatic planes I
have an average load of 1.3 amps and my 38% Extra (9 JR 8611 - 289 in-oz of
torque each) has an average flight load of 2 amps.

1.3 amps on a 6 servo sailplane sounds like binding to me.