Bill;
Depends on the type NIMH how they like to be charged. For high capacity
3300 cells for electric flight motor packs, up to a 5 amp charge. Steve
Neu did a nice article in quiet flyer about this a while back. I
generally use 3.5-4 amps on a 28 cell pack. They do like cycling to
achieve maximum capacity.
For flight packs, "normal capacity" cells should respond to charging
similar to nicads if a sensitive cutoff voltage is used. The key is a
quality charger and quality cells.  Monitor capacity regularly, always
good advice.

Cheap is as cheap does, to paraphrase Forrest Gump.

Now Lipo's scare me a little still...

JD

Endless Mountain Models
http://www.scalesoaring.com