Sound like StarWars started early out there and a phase pulse with resulting EMF wave fried the sensitive components.

The Dark Side...

My Ava encountered the power lines to the west side of our field on Sunday, resulting in an explosion, balls of fire travelling down the line for at least two power poles, and complete disintegration of the Ava.  Tony Bermudez informed me tonight that two other pilots (Tony and Bill Knesek) experienced receiver malfunctions after the incident.

Does anyone have knowledge of whether or how such a contact with power lines might generate interference which would cause a receiver some distance away to fail?

Browne Goodwin