I remembered an article at a website from one of our connector
suppliers that we utilize on aircraft and agricultural precision
guidance systems:

http://www.glenair.com/html/emi.htm

This is a small sample of EMI/RFI events, there are many natural and man-made electrical events (EMI/RFI) that are explainable, while others defy ordinary logic but are well within the realms of possiblity.

--
Simon Van Leeuwen
RADIUS SYSTEMS