To: "Jo Grini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <Soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Receiver Malfunctions after Contact with Power Lines

Awesome pics, glad to hear you are safe. Did you think you were at the F3J Worlds in Canada for a moment. :-)

At 01:16 PM 5/17/2005, Jo Grini wrote:
Not the same but anyhow...
I am lucky to be alive. After a F3F competition last weekend Helge Borchert (German pilot) flew his Crossfire (flew nice btw..) and suddenly shouted for no contact. He went down far behind and while I flew a prototype Taifun my friend Espen asked if I heard a strange sound? I could not hear anything but a few minutes later while I was landing I heard the sparkling sound and it came from MY antenna on my JR 9303 radio (borrowed from Horizon hobbies for Nats). Holy macarony it was a thunderstorm building up and it was lightning around us. The electricity made me and my antenna a good ground object to go for so I landed immediately. Just after the landing a tornado formed after a big bang and Helge came back with his radio saying: "Modell 1 wurden verandert..". It had gone crazy by the sparkling electricity. Crazy!!!!
Pictures:
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/804open/mc24.jpg
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/804open/tornado.jpg
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/diary/804open/tornado2.jpg

Tornados (atleast big enough to take some beachhouses this one) is very rare in Norway...

Hilsen (Regards) Jojo
www.grini.no