As previously mentioned, damage to devices that are not initially powered up
should be fine. However the path of the extraneous noise (from the event) does
not emanate equally, therefore a device which was near another which was
adverely affected may also be fine. It is a hit-and-miss affair.

Any devices "within" the confines of a vehicle will not be affected, as the
vehicle acts as a huge faraday cage (this is why it is the safest place to be
in the event of a thunder storm - inside the vehicle).

A large metalic mass, like a vehicle near the event will tend to draw energy
toward it (larger the mass the larger the energy attraction), so devices in
very close range may be subject to more energy...

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> 1. The power lines in question are on the west side of the road which runs
> along the west side of the field; the winds were from the east, so we were
> launching and landing west to east.
>
> 2.  We did notify Austin Energy about the incident, and they sent  someone
> out to inspect.  They said that they had received a blip at their  Dessau
> substation monitor, but that the power had not been interrupted more than
> instantaneously, and that they had not received any subsequent blips
> indicating  a
> serious problem.  They did not receive any calls about the power
> interruption
> except the one I made to them.  They do have my telephone  number to contact
> if
> there were to be some kind of a claim.
>
> 3.  I just ran a range check on a Hitec 555 receiver in my dlg  Photon which
>
> was either inside or alongside my van which was one of the vehicles  nearest
>
> the collision.  Receiver shows appropriate range.  I also  tested the crystal
>
> that was in the Hitec Super Slim in the Ava, and it seems to  work.  The
> Super
> Slim itself is toast (literally).  The battery pack  from the Ava has been
> cycled and shows full capacity still - there was not much  damage to contents
> at
> the front of the fuselage pod.
>
> 4.  I have several digital pictures of the remains of the Ava and of  the
> power lines showing some blackness if anyone is interested.
>
> Browne Goodwin

Simon Van Leeuwen
PnP Systems - The E-Harness of Choice
Radius Systems