Martin,
 I am surprised at your take on Daryl's positing. I can assure you that a collision between a model and man carrying air vehicle could have dire consequences for both pilots.  RC flying exists only because our organization has succeeded in convincing the FAA that we are all reasonable people that would never knowingly pose a danger to aerial navigation. We must all conduct our flying activities so that we can never cause a collision or near miss with a full size aircraft. I have to assume that you are not a pilot, if you had flight experience you would realize how hard it is to see a model while you are on approach. Because of ground clutter and probably afternoon glare it is nearly impossible to see a model flying near you. Because of this disadvantage for the full-size pilot, the model flyer must always immediately maneuver a model away from the flight path of a full-size vehicle. Being on the ground you have a much better view of what is going on than the poor guy making his approach. I hope all model flyers take this obligation seriously. I wouldn't want to be the guy who ended RC flying in the US, while at the same time killing some poor guy and his family just trying to get home. As for Daryl overreacting, having the shit scared out of you will do that to you. Please fly safely, and think about that guy that cant see you. Larry Jolly