At 04:11 PM 18/02/03 +1000, you wrote:
>   Can anyone explain to me how profits can be  distributed as income
>before a sale is made (price is met)? If there is  insufficient purchasing
>power to provide effective demand, i.e. meet the prices  generated in the
>same period of production which price includes profit, no sale  can occur.
>If a price is not met, no sale - no sale means no profit - no profit  means
>no income to distribute. V. Bridger

Of course, costs cannot be distributed as income before a sale is
made without recourse to short term finance.

In any given day, there is sufficient purchasing power to
buy more than is purchased on the day.  The income generated
by that spending is sufficient to refund the costs and provide
profit.  And if all income is disbursed and then spent, the
previous gross profit provides the effective demand that permits
the next profit to be earned.

Now, in the test case, it was simply supposed that there was a
pool of savings, but this could just as well be rotating short
term credit.  Unlike Douglas' argument, there is no need for
an expanding injection in the short term from either credit or
exports simply to pay the minimum sustainable supply price of
the product.

This email was sent to: archive@mail-archive.com