>Sue wrote:
>Having lived in Australia for a while, I've been able to absorb some sense
>of the indigenous cultural values... an individual from the
>time of birth is tied into a complex and significant web of
>relationships....  >kinship, not...individualism....(on) these discernable
>principals...I... would >base the organisation of a fair and functioning
>society.

>Chick: Sue, you are right and this is the point.  The Conservative concept
>of Individualism and adherence to the term, that one must be an island unto
>them selves and if you are not or are incapable of being an island unto
>yourself, than you are a worthless being and are therefore only to serve
>those who are, is simply a means of keeping the individuals fighting amongst
>themselves.  Divide and conquer.  And while you and I fight between us for
>our position in society and/or for that almighty dollar, those who, in whose
>best interest it is, are getting wealthy and constantly and consistently
>gaining more and more power over us, who are constantly required to pay the
>interest on their borrowed money.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Chick. My only comment on first 'skim'
is to distance myself from the "we" who "often refer to (indigenous
peoples) as primitive", though of course you are correct in asserting many
do! .

>We..... have our societies structured similar to those of the
>indigenous people, who, in our arrogance, we often refer to as primitive,
>but we either can not see it or refuse to believe it or understand it.

Yes Chick, and one has to be somewhat 'inducted' or as we jokingly say,
assimilated into indigenous culture to begin to appreciate the
awe-inspiring complexity of a conscious world created when the emphasis is
less on the material, and more on the cerebral.

My belief is that the very dichotomy between the two is the crux of the
colonials need to crush and refute indigenous world views. Racism is a
furphy.

As you say : "The concept of possession may be a priority in our
>minds in this day and age but it is an excellent method to produce more
>power for and by those in control of the creation of money. (personal
>opinion)"

In my personal opinion the resurrection of value systems parallel to the
indigenous are a requirement of altering our present system for the better.

I observe that Canada and Australia seem to have empoyed very similar
methods in their domination of the first peoples.

yours, Sue (xytjfhrj) !