Stephen Brown Jr wrote:
>  > You may find that you prefer one of the BSDs.
>
> I was just sitting here playing with OpenBSD and it's been a hair
> raising experience so far :/
>
> I set up a basic install in Vmware and the install was a little tricky,
> but I managed to get it. OpenBSD may be a little more for me to swallow
> right now as I'm only familiar with linux, but I'm not going to give up
> just yet.
>
> Does OpenBSD use iptables just like linux for packet filtering? Are
> there any good front ends for it? (I really like Firehol, Shorewall, or
> a web based frontend)

Nope, OpenBSD uses a system called pf.  You should be able to find some
pretty good documentation out there on setting it up.  I'm not sure
about good GUIs for it, but in my experience it has far more readable
syntax than iptables.  You may not need a GUI or wrapper once you get
familiar with the syntax.  Also, you may want to read a bit about
"IPFilter" which is the system used by FreeBSD/NetBSD.  There are a lot
of similarities between pf and IPFilter, and many of the same concepts
are applicable to both.

An example page for pf can be found here:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/example1.html