Wow some awesome responses!!! Thanks guys!

Seems like the consensus says that the 4801 is an obvious choice for me, I
may focus my sights on that. Still not sure what firewall solution I am
going to use yet, I'll admit I'm a little Debian biased, but playing with
BSD may be advantageous as well seeing as how both my desktop and laptop are
Mac's :)

Thanks to everyone that responded, I'm going to start shopping for a Net4801
and hope to get one soon. I'll undoubtedly have some more questions as time
marches on!

Thanks all,
Stephen