Hi,

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 19:43 +0100, 686f6c6d wrote:
> I do not fully understand the "remote rootfs/nfs" method you used (if
> you did, but I assume it from the discussion). Could you, for
> completeness, document what you did?

If you have an NFS root available, you can boot the Soekris box from it
and install lilo onto the CF. Requires lilo on the NFS root + a chrooted
"apt-get install lilo" onto the CF's root partition + a 'lilo -C'
against the root partition. Make sure both lilo's are the same  version.

Using a Debian installer image you can install Debian directly onto the
CF after a TFTP boot, but I think you (Philippe) already did that.
Doesn't Debian have an option for installing lilo i.o. GRUB? Can't
remember, but I suspect it is possible (it isn't with a standard Ubuntu,
but that's Ubuntu..).

A colleague of mine once stated that he would never trust anything that
called itself Grand and Unified, he probably was right;)

Bill