Mouse kirjutas:
>>> And afaik, WLAN problem like yours usually turns out to be driver
>>> issues, [...]
>> Interesting that the very same card works in a different PC with the

> "[H]ence the same drivers" is an unwarranted leap.  It may be the same

> of the system which probably aren't using the same drivers, such as
> bus-to-bus bridges and controllers and maybe iommus and suchlike.

(Un)fortunately a very similar board is available from PCEngines (2D13).
Exactly same Geode LX CPU with same companion chip (CS5536), same
network interface chips (VIA VT6105M), same Mini-PCI slot. Only bigger
hardware difference is 256 MB RAM vs 512 MB.

When i have problems with net5501, it almost always ends up debugging
with Alix board. Some CF cards, which net5501 rejects work happily in
2D13. Replacing CF card on Alix board is a bit problematic due to case,
but OpenWRT setup stays rock solid. I can't say same with Soekris
net5501. I have three of them, one works, two of them shows various
hangs, reboots etc. Different places, slightly different config, but
same OpenWRT image.

Some problems are with bad case design. something inside (CPU?)
overheats constantly and makes board unstable. I'm not the first person
who says this.

You can put 1GB SODIMM to Thincan (thin clients with Geode LX), case is
without _any_ cooling holes, with VIA Velocity network chip (usually
gigabit chips are warmer) at this setup works under load without
problems. Year ago i tried here for entire week to play video (raw X
data over network) with zero hiccups.

--
=<Alvar>=