Hate to be the one to send the negative wave, but if this thread convinced
me of anything is that they will absolutely not be doing what you ask.
Here's what Maurice said:

Whether what we are doing is being elegantly done or not, Autodesk, across
> its industries,is trying to alter public perception: to move away from the
> notion of hero products that do everything to a suite of products that
> provide a best-in-class workflow to (eventually) a set of cloud services
> that offer you exactly what you need when and where you need it and for as
> long as you need it. This is a bit simplistic and Utopian but i am typing
> on a mobile device now. it is however at the heart of Autodesk's strategy.

For Softimage, a good all-around package but without a significant market
share, this is a deadly situation (no pun intended). That's my take on it,
at least, and why the marketing has been as it was. No point in advertizing
something opposite of your ultimate goal. But I am very confused how they
think it will work. It's one thing to offer bundled products at lower
prices, its completely different to insist on them.

Kiril