I've considered about that trick and haven't tried so.
Thanks, you make me more convinced on .ass file, I'll try it later.

At 2012-12-27 23:51:58,"Ciaran Moloney" <moloney.cia...@gmail.com> wrote:
for bonus points, since you're using Arnold...export your animation cycle to a
.ass file sequence and reference that on a stand-in property. Instance the
stand-in on your ICE tree and scene memory should be negligible.