Thanks, Julian! This is getting nice...
Mind sharing the source code again?
Best,
Eugen

Am 14.01.2013 11:06, schrieb julian:
Although it's not addressing all the feature requests so far, over the weekend I've updated the Addon to work on pre-existing lights which should provide support for Arnold and VRay. In the tests I've done with Arnold lights it works fine. i.e. just select an existing light or light root and the tool will take over manipulation of that light.

Fixed a horrible bug (in my implementation) with non-uniform scaled normals. Source has been tidied and extensive use has been made of code kindly supplied in this invaluable thread:

http://www.si-community.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1658

Hopefully will get a chance soon to address moving the light along the incident ray in a useful way. For the moment all lights are place a fixed distance away. Suggestions for what to do with the mouse vectors and how to derive a sane, non-flickering, predictable in/out motion for the light when Shift LMB pushed gratefully received!

New addon is here:

http://julianjohnsonsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/place-specular-highlights.html

Julian