I agree that the key word is "distribution". That's ultimately where the money
is coming from and it's a tough market out there. Unless the front cover of your
film packaging looks like Die Hard 7 then you're gonna have a tough time of
selling it. It's literally as shallow as that. You don't think they do something
as clever as actually watching it before they decide whether to buy it do you?
;)

There may be new ways of distributing films in the coming years, in which case
the game will change significantly for the benefit of independent productions.
Maybe that's a good thing for us, or then again, maybe it isn't. It could really
open up the market for low budget effects and that's when jobs will really start
going to Asia.