Hi Chris,

When a project such as a commercial has been edited, the shots are often
exported as seperate image sequences and often with handles e.g. 15 extra
frames at the start & finish of each shot.

If we provide the rendered cg back to the compositor icluding those extra
handles then it means that minor adjustments can be made to the final
edit/composite without having to retrack cameras/re-render extra frames etc.
It's a time saving safety-net overhead.

With the Camera Sequencer, it would be nice to specify that a Camera has e.g.
10 frame handles (couple of new properties for start and end?), so that when
you render the Pass that the Camera is used in, you can toggle a "Render with
handles?" Pass property.  This means that you see the 'edited' view in the
Camera Sequencer, but can render with handles without mucking about afterwards.

I guess that's how most would like it to work, glad to hear alternatives.

Also, can we assume that if you use the Camera Sequencer as the render Camera,
that motion blur etc. will be adjusted for?

Cheers,

Adam

(p.s. Currently available for freelance work in UK)
www.linkedin.com/in/adamseeleyuk

vimeo.com/adamseeley/albums