Well said, but speed is still important, deadlines are tight and particularly
in the iterative direction phase often re-rendering takes much more time than
making a directed change. "Dailies" reflect this... A series of several
directed tweaks to a shot can stretch over several days in part to allow time
to make changes and get them rendered... A major limitation to working with
rendered VFX  elements versus composite effects which can often be altered in
near realtime.

Sent from my iPad