Exocortex Species 1.6

Create Better Characters Even Faster

Species 1.6 is now available at
Exocortex.com<http://exocortex.com/plugins/species>
.

We created this video overview of the new features:
http://vimeo.com/62914955 <https://vimeo.com/62914955>

What is Species?
Exocortex Species simplifies the process of human character creation from
designing your
character’s unique attributes, integrating sculpting results, to rig
creation, even animation. With
Species, you will create higher quality animated characters faster and at a
lower cost, while
avoiding the generic look that often come when purchasing off-the-shelf
models. Exocortex
Species supports Autodesk Softimage 2010 through 2013 on both Windows and
Linux. Floating
and node locked licenses are available starting at $299.
Improvements in Species 1.6

1. Custom PropRig Import

A new preference that allows the user to define a directory to export and
import customized

PropRigs for repeated use. PropRigs within those folders are now listed in
the Species > Build >

Import Custom menu split into “Male” and “Female” sub-menus.

2. Plot Limb Anim Tool Feature

An addition to our AnimTools is the new Plot Limb command which allows you
to plot and

transfer motion between FK and IK for both arms and legs. This utilizes the
MatchFKIK

command and plots the motion during the active time range.

3. Improved  High Res Body Mesh topology and deformation

We’ve updated the body mesh for both male and female characters.  The new
meshes are more

detailed, fully quaded, and have more evenly distributed topology for
better deformation and high

end sculpting.

4. New Low Res and Proxy Body Meshes

A new quad based low res body mesh for faster interaction while animating
(~40 FPS playback).

A new cube based proxy body mesh for super fast interaction while animating
(~40-50 FPS

playback).

5. New Body Shapes

Old and Young shapes for varying the age of your Species characters.

Top Heavy and Bottom Heavy shapes for adding mass to either the upper or
lower half of your

Species characters.

Chest expand and Chest contract shapes for inflating and deflating the
chest of your Species

characters.

6. Synoptics

Updated synoptics with new controls to switch mesh resolution and smoothing.

Individual control reset combos.  Press Ctrl+Shift+LMB on any synoptic
control to reset, and

Press Ctrl+Shift+MMB on a control to reset a whole branch.

7. ReplaceMesh command re-written
The ReplaceMesh command has been rewritten and expanded to now include the
ability to

replace the BodyLow and BodyProxy meshes if necessary.

8. Bug Fixes

AnimRig Vertebrae 02 and 03 deformers misaligned

Getting Species 1.6

If you are not yet using Exocortex Species, give it a try by downloading
the trial from the
<http://exocortex.com/plugins/species>

Exocortex Species product page. <http://exocortex.com/plugins/species>

<http://exocortex.com/plugins/species>

For those already using Exocortex Species, you can download the 1.6 update
directly from here <http://exocortex.com/releases/ExocortexSpecies1.6.0.zip>
.

Join the Species User Community

Get the most out of Exocortex Species by joining our user support and
discussion mailing
list,<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#%21forum/species_mailing_list>

viewing our online
documentation<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V8VJMlsXmZ5MMlW8kGjOwJHOHy61KWZDpFYmJsgXsU4/edit#heading=h.nb5o4zze0if2>,
and check out our many tutorial videos on our Vimeo
group<http://vimeo.com/groups/species>.

These are the best places to learn about Species and get the latest news
directly from the developers.

Chris Covelli
http://www.polygonpusherinc.com/