From: Raffaele Fragapane [raffsxsil...@googlemail.com]
Sent: 10 April 2013 06:44 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: set raycast direction with a Null?

In principle I'm not fond of the idea of assuming everybody is a pirate and
forcing these always online models on people, so no argument there. They did
have a case for it it turns out, but (again in principle) I would have rather
have opted out of it and risked losing a few sales, it wasn't possible though.

The player is ok, that I can tell you, they wrap Vimeo's very thinly, and
Vimeo's is a fairly good, html 5 capable player. No way around not being able
to see the video if you're offline though for now (again going by the
assumption they are online only), and that -is- annoying, and has kept me away
from a couple resources too.

It might be possible to rip them with some videograbbing site or streamcatch
software, it's just an mp4 managed h264 stream at the end of the day, or if you
know personally any of my ex-alumni they might have the original downloadables
around, but I wouldn't know, and it'd be that gray area where you have to
decide for yourself whether it's ethical or not.
You wouldn't be offending me for ripping my vids to file if you bought them, I
can tell you that much :p

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Sam