I can’t grasp what you are saying – there’s no such thing as a “delta model”,
“delta object”, “reference object” nor “reference model object”.
you are confusing different terms and concepts - it’s hard to reply anything
other than duh.

add uv’s to objects in a model.
export the model as an emdl-file (= model).
any reference model pointing to this emdl-file will automatically have the uv’s
(upon the next reload) – you can import a new reference model or modify an
existing one.
no need to mess about with deltas. just give it the proper path to the emdl
file.

this is the very basic functioning of reference models:
save a model to disk as an emdl file - it contains all things you put inside
the model. (objects, properties,..)
import the emdl file as a reference model in a scene
make changes to the file on disk – any changes.
the reference model in the scene will get the changes you made, next time you
update it - either manually by reloading, or simply next time you open the
scene.

if you grok this you can move up one level, to try and understand deltas.