Reference Model
|_ Delta (target: <model name>

I want to export the model which obviously includes the Delta, the problem the reference model does not have the updated materials and the updated UV maps that I applied to the reference object, when I export the the Reference model to the EMDL format into a 'clean scene' and by a clean scene I mean a fresh Softimage scene with nothing in the scene, and I load the EMDL in the clean scene checked the objects UV and material  there not the same as the reference model in my original scene, how come ?

::Christopher

Friday, April 19, 2013 7:39 PM
Filter acquired.
Applying filter.
*Wooosh*
Friday, April 19, 2013 6:47 PM
That I understand about reference models.  What is different about Deltas ?

::Christopher

Friday, April 19, 2013 5:35 PM
I can’t grasp what you are saying – there’s no such thing as a “delta model”, “delta object”, “reference object” nor “reference model object”.
you are confusing different terms and concepts - it’s hard to reply anything other than duh.

add uv’s to objects in a model.
export the model as an emdl-file (= model).
any reference model pointing to this emdl-file will automatically have the uv’s (upon the next reload) – you can import a new reference model or modify an existing one.
no need to mess about with deltas. just give it the proper path to the emdl file.

this is the very basic functioning of reference models:
save a model to disk as an emdl file - it contains all things you put inside the model. (objects, properties,..)
import the emdl file as a reference model in a scene
make changes to the file on disk – any changes.
the reference model in the scene will get the changes you made, next time you update it - either manually by reloading, or simply next time you open the scene.

if you grok this you can move up one level, to try and understand deltas.

Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: Saving Delta Objects as EMDL ?

The reference model is loaded into my scene as a reference object.  I have applied UV's to the reference model object, I want to edit the delta model, outside of the original scene and into a clean scene then save it as a delta then load my original scene and the delta is updated.

::Christopher
Friday, April 19, 2013 2:52 PM
The reference model is loaded into my scene as a reference object.  I have applied UV's to the reference model object, I want to edit the delta model, outside of the original scene and into a clean scene then save it as a delta then load my original scene and the delta is updated.

::Christopher
Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:30 PM
How do you unload a Delta as a EMDL object for editing in a clean scene?You can open the preset from the manager and refresh.I have updated the reference object model with UV.On my side I have updated the compound with a reference.I can't save the reference object I can't animate this object - model as a EMDL object without saving it as a model,- bone is an X3DObject without the IK,I hope there is a workaround for this ?I hope it will help ?