You could write/wire the test yourself.
Point inside hull is fairly trivial outside of fringe cases, shoot a ray in
any direction, if it intersects an odd number of times, it's outside, even,
it's inside.
You might want multiple rays and take the median of the result, or work
conservatively and flag it even if just one tests true.

You can further refine this with a force field approach, run a distance
from hull (closest location on geo), and if the point is close enough to a
location with a normal facing away from its distance vector remove it, and
remove anything within a certain threshold (very close) indiscriminately.

Testing against denser geometry also helps, even if it's more expensive,
sparse and variedly populated topology tends to introduce more room for
error.
Lastly, a triangulated mesh, especially if you have a certain degree of
dis-planarity in your geo on large enough areas, will also improve things
in my experience.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!