well that is what we are sorting out. if we need to compile our own PySide
version/installer then guess what? the PySide license allows me to do that
:)

i did build from source, but that was because i was trying to work around a
bug in loading .ui files using the QUiLoader class.

so are you using Python 2.6.x? or 2.7.x?