Hey Manny,
  Thanks for looking into it.  I"m going to send you a video later today
showing you just how slow it is.  Its more than just having too many
parameters set to keyable.

Your point about limiting the keyable parameters is 100% true and I should
have locked several of them out.

But with that said, this rig does not have that many parameters or objects
in it to account for the 6 second delay that I experience on every system
at this company.

With that said. I have found something interesting.

Last night while we chatted, I tried the scene on my laptop at home, and
the issue was largely gone.

This makes no sense to me as I have done heavy testing here with the
workgroup disconnected and a vanilla softimage and gear install. And had
the 6 second delay.

I now think it might have to do with our system configurations here, I am
looking into it.

Thanks for the help, Please don't close this ticket yet. The problem is
larger than just "too many keyable parameters"

-Enrique