From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Eric Thivierge
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:50 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Setting and Manipulating Keys Very slow in Referenced Model

Could you elaborate with some examples of tools that fail? I haven't
experienced this myself so I'm wondering which ones they are and which ones to
look out for.

Eric Thivierge

Character TD / RnD

Hybride Technologies

On 22/05/2013 5:43 PM, Matt Lind wrote:
We used to use parameter locking until we discovered that it doesn't always
work for parameters in referenced models.  A number of built-in Softimage tools
don't function properly with locked parameters either causing tools to abort
prematurely (due to lack of error handling) leaving our work in a funky state.