From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Bk
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 23:58
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Anyone done corrective shapes when SecondaryShapeModeling is
not an option?

See what you think of this technique

https://vimeo.com/67402407

I find the results are far more natural looking and easier to manage and
edit. I doubt I'll ever use that shapes-before-bones method again for
correctives on limbs.

On 17 Jun 2013, at 20:27, Alan Fregtman <alan.fregt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm curious if anyone has already tackled the problem of creating a
corrective shape (that is, a shape difference in a pose that has been
readjusted to be relative to the neutral character pose) when
SecondaryShapeModeling isn't viable?

> If you use classic envelopes and the ClusterShapeCombiner, you can make
adjustments in SecondaryShape mode and store a shape that is automatically
adjusted to the neutral pose for you, and that's cool, but if you have
anything much fancier, it doesn't do the neutralization right.

> I'm contemplating perhaps storing the shape vector difference relative to
the PointReferenceFrame matrices; maybe that'll do it. Any other/better
ideas?