1. that's exocortex's default plugin behavior, you can customize the
behavior with their python api. we do this at whiskytree and only get the
ops we want. we customize import and export based on asset type ie. cameras.

2. and 3. use the free python api alembic comes with... reimplement the
camera only export in softimage or program x in python. use the existing
spec/camera class. reuse existing free maya, houdini, and nuke plugins.

again, it is not my intention to discourage you... just want you to think
about the time you are going to spend on foundation stuff which is pretty
much done.