+1 to Steve.

I was wondering why not use Alembic. After using it from Maya to Houdini,
to Nuke, back to Softimage then from Softimage to Maya and so forth. It's
been the best one I've got to use so far. There's a few glitches that comes
with the exocortex plug-ins but like Steve mention, I'd be one for writing
a in-house custom one for Softimage. The ones that comes with Maya, Houdini
and Nuke haven't failed me yet (knocking on wood)

Also reading from EXR is very nice tool as well when you go from RenderMan
or Vray to Nuke (I haven't had to figure this out from Arnold or Mental
Ray). No need to carry an extra camera file. All the info is embedded into
the file per frames and nuke reads it like it's camera data. Not much
experience on this one. But frankly the few times I got to use that exr
camera in Nuke I was very pleased with the fact that I didn't need a camera
file.

Now I'm sure there are other reasons for needing a more specific tools. But
if you're looking to just transfer the camera data, I've personally given
up on fbx a long time ago and learned to rely on Alembic as being the most
cross platform solution available at the moment.

Ludo

Ludovick William Michaud
mobile: *214.632.6756*
*www.linkedin.com/in/ludovickwmichaud*
+Shading / Lighting / Compositing
+CG Supervisor / Sr. Technical Director / Creative Director