Having official educational material oriented to new artists doesn't
necessarily imply that the technical level and quality as a platform will have
to decrease.

You still need non technical average designers, artists, lots of them to
produce CG. From 10 SI users I know about 9 of them doesn't know or use ICE
regularly and 8 of them can't script at all. (most of my acquaintances are
modelers or animators).

You don't necessarily need ICE, specially in games. I rarely use it at work. SI
without ICE is still a pretty solid platform for modeling and animation.

We have less SI users every year. Even in Japan where SI is supposed to be
slightly stronger than other countries, I don't know a single school that is
teaching SI. Last time I have met a just graduated SI user in Tokyo was about 4
years ago and that school doesn't exist anymore.

If you only focus your market in TDs and advanced users, you won't have new
seats and without new seats the software will eventually die.

Educational texts for Maya users could help to convert them, or make our lives
easier when we need them to use SI from time to time. The QWERTY keyboard
mapping was an interesting move back then, but since both are Autodesk products
it just doesn't make sense now.

Martin
Sent from my iPhone