I'm giving this one more bump, so maybe there's one or the other willing to support this, too. So far it's 50.

Before any of you "major" users start stomping the "minor" ones into the ground with the usual argument that ANYthing else is more important, let me add: this is also about a better operator SDK, which is still a major handicap to add any modeling (including NURBS) tools.
This would also cater to the big studios, I am sure.
Cheers!