Very well put as always Raf!

I just get the feeling for the simulation/assembly/final integration scenario I
am sitting around waiting for things while many people have simply moved on...

A good example is probably found in some of the top Naiad users, who simply
walked away and within weeks were posting test videos of equal quality from
Houdini.  They are maybe not the best example of the broader population as they
are already very technical minded individuals who are used to working in the
'undocumented zone'.

I don't harbour any particular resentment to Autodesk over this matter, as
Naiad was not a very well supported product and I think Marcus found himself
swamped with admin and other tasks which probably kept him away from his core
strengths.

I guess I do fear somewhat for Softs future as more of this tech gets pushed
toward Maya, and even with Fabric Engine making the whole thing portable to my
mind starts to pull the rug from under Soft.  Combine that with ageing IO and
it really is not a pretty picture past the next year or so.

The fact that Soft makes no appearance in any of the R&D videos probably
shouldn't be read into to much, but you would have to have your head buried
pretty deeply to not let your mind wander onto the subject a little...
I don't intend to push this thread into another Autodesk bashing exercise so
please anyone refrain from going down that well trodden path.

I guess I am trying to get my own roadmap sorted for the future as many of us
do from time to time, it seems it is an amazing time for a divergence and
abundance of technology but also somewhat confusing as to where some older
technology fits (or more precisely will fit) into the grander scheme.

Sorry for the long winded post, very much thinking out loud at this point  ; )