Converting a Maya ASCII file (I suppose this is what you refer to as MEL?) to a
softimage scene is very hard to do, there are some concepts in Maya that don't
translate well over to Softimage. For simple animation and Polygon Meshes it
should be a bit easier, I thought about writing a Maya ASCII reader for Soft,
but demand wasn't really high so I never dug deeper.

Try baking your animations first before exporting the fbx file, and make sure
you have checked the animation export flag in the exporter settings in the
first place.

As far as I saw there is the possiblity to modify the python script in
order to be read from Softimage...but programming is not my thing...
I was just looking for animation to transfer over SI ( basically the scene
is some animated nulls )