Hi guys – we’ve been working hard on the rigging and manipulation work for
Splice. I’m happy to say we’re able to show you that work, and our aim is
to make a drop of this available to the Splice test group sometime in
September. We will be opening up Splice to the general Creation list soon
(October/November), but please mail me if you’d like to get on board now
(our minimum requirement is coding experience with Python as a
TA/TD/programmer in production).

Below is an excerpt from the webpage. We’d really appreciate your feedback
on this, as it’s an area we think is ripe for some innovation.

Cheers,

Paul

“In most DCC applications (Maya, Softimage etc)  manipulation and the way
it works is a fixture of the rig. For example, if you want to manipulate an
object's rotation with a position in 3D you can only do that by building an
auxiliary rig. If you need further options and more versatility these rigs
can grow extremely complex and hard to manage. Furthermore, the evaluation
of heavy rigs like this really slows down the application, which has a
direct impact on the speed and quality of animation work.

Splice Manipulation provides a new way of adding custom manipulation to any
Spliced application in a portable fashion. Any KL object can now implement
callbacks for manipulation, allowing TDs to build their own workflows very
easily. Essentially, these rigs and their manipulation framework can be
moved freely between applications. The Splice manipulation system ties
deeply into the host application's animation system, so you can animate
Splice manipulation components as if they were native objects.

The Splice manipulation framework is only present at the time of the
manipulation. This means that cyclic dependencies in the data (such as a
symmetry interaction, for example) can be implemented without a problem.
The complex math can happen only at manipulation time, so that the rig's
performance isn't affected by the complexity of the manipulation features.
This allows for powerful, flexible authoring capabilities _and_
 high-performance of the rigs themselves.
Splice Manipulation in Maya and Softimage

Maya: https://vimeo.com/73146827

Softimage https://vimeo.com/73147499

If you'd like to learn more about the rigging paradigm in Creation, you can
read the article here <http://fabricengine.com/2012/08/2800/>”

http://fabricengine.com/splice/spliced-rigging/